Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Trip to Washington, D.C.


So, for Riley's fourth birthday we went to spend the weekend with Keith up in Washington, DC, which I haven't seen since I was 4, so I don't remember it at all! We had a great time, but didn't get to see a whole lot, as we had to drag two kids along with us (learn from our mistakes!) anyway, we went to Arlington, which is simply awe-inspiring, and got to see JFK's grave, and Bobby Kennedy's too. We also got to watch the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier, actually I watched it-Kit decided to start screaming right after they asked everyone to be silent, so Keith took her and Riley for a walk! We went downtown for lunch and got to the Washington Monument, which is cool, if you look closely you can see it's made out of two different colors of marble (Keith taught us that they started building it, had to stop for the civil war, went back to the same quarry-but a different spot, so the marble is slightly different!) I thought that was cool! We could see the reflecting pool and Lincoln Memorial from the Washington Monument, but simply did not have the energy to walk down there! Maybe next time!

1 comment:

Lindsey Oliver said...

Looks like you had a great time in DC. What a great time to visit when the blossoms are blooming. I'm sure everyone enjoyed daddy time, too. Take care out there.

Blog Archive