Monday, April 14, 2008

Riley the bird whisperer



So a few weeks ago we were outside enjoying the beautiful, but temporary, spring weather when I heard what sounded like a rock hitting the house. It was a beautiful cardinal that had run into the window above the garage and stunned himself. His leg look iffy and his beak was cracked, so I ran and got Vicki (my mother in law). She picked the bird up and she and Riley took him back into the woods where Riley not only sat with him, but Held Him on His LAP!!! I missed all this as I was in charge of keeping Lulu away from the birdie, but Vicki got some great pictures of our little animal lover! He was so proud he told all his friends at cubbies and showed them the pictures too. I thought everyone else might get a kick out of it too!!

3 comments:

Ray, Jayme, Caeleb, Alaura & Hailey said...

That is AWESOME!!!!!!!! What a lucky little boy! What a great picture! By the way Happy Belated Birthday Riley!

Anonymous said...

When I saw those pictures at Mom's, I thought that it was a fake bird. That is really cool.

The Potter Family said...

How cool is that to hold a bird. You are one lucky boy Riley.

Blog Archive