Riley and I ran in the 1 mile race at the Some Gave All event, in memory of Maj. Kevin Jenrette back in the beginning of May. Sadly, I struggled to run a mile-we both had to walk a few times, and Hannah helped me push both Riley and Kit in the jogging stroller together for about 100 yards too! Riley was a sport though and he finished the race-he even beat me and Hannah! My defense is that I had to push 40 pounds of Kit in the jogging stroller! As soon as Riley saw the finish line it was over though, he sprinted past the group in front of us and he was gone! I was absolutely amazed and so proud of him-he ran one mile in 8 and a half minutes!
It was a great event, the National Guard brought a blackhawk and hummer and the kids had a great time climbing in them and pushing all the buttons.
1 comment:
Awesome! Way to go!!!! Looks like a great day for a 5k too!!! Congrats!
Post a Comment