Sunday, October 11, 2009

Burt's Pumpkin Farm

We joined the hordes of residents of North Georgia in making the annual pilgrimage to Dawsonville, just to get a few pictures with pumpkins! We did get to go on a Friday though thanks to Hall county's fall break which I am thankful for, because it was still pretty busy-so I can't imagine trying to keep up with Riley and Kit during a busy weekend visit! We found three unique pumpkins, Riley picked out a green pumpkin, Kit picked out a waxy whitish/orangish pumpkin, and I picked out a white one. Of course we don't actually have any pictures of the pumpkins we bought, I'll get around to those later!
I did discover an advantage to being the single mom, the line was about 25 people long, and everyone had full wheelbarrows, while we only had three pumpkins. So one of the guys working there walked us to the front of the line and gave our money to the cashier so we got to cut in front of everyone!! It may not have been fair, but I wasn't quite sure how I would keep two kids from just going crazy while waiting in that line, and I can only imagine that they helped me because it was pretty clear that it was just the three of us-so I was exceedingly grateful and HIGHLY recommend Burt's farm!!




No comments:

Blog Archive