Wednesday, July 22, 2009

One year anniversary

July 22, 2008-July 22, 2009



It has been one year exactly since we moved to Lula, and it has flown by!! It has been a tough year to say the least, but I am so grateful to have a place that my children and I call home, especially after living in other people's houses for the year and a half before we moved here. As crazy as it may seem, this is the longest Kit has EVER lived in one house, and it is the first time Riley has ever completed an entire school year in one preschool!! So, thank you to everyone who has helped us through this rough time-which is pretty much everyone we know, so thank you ALL!!
**Quick update:
Riley has completely recovered from his broken arm and surgery.
He is a swimming MANIAC- he loves going swimming and I am amazed just watching him swim so well-considering his lessons at the Y last year were a joke. He is a little fish!
He is excited and slightly apprehensive about kindergarten, which might be my fault. I don't want him to be behind the other kids, so we have been working on writing and recognizing sight words this summer, and he is not a fan of that.

Kit would gladly go to kindergarten with Riley, she says she is a grown up and tells people she is 5 if they ask how old she is!!
She turned 3 on Monday, and I will post about her party when I can get the pictures off my camera, having to use the old one...long story.
Has recently become obsessed with our dog, she follows Lulu around calling her baby-not sure what that's about!
Kit is a little fish too, she swims with her face in the water-don't know where she learned that. She can almost keep up with Riley in the pool, and whatever he does-she does it too.

I am doing ok, trudging my way through the projects and finals of my summer classes. I will be glad when they are done, but that also means it is time to go back to work!
I am excited about this year though, now that I actually know what I am doing!
I am slightly looking forward to being back on a schedule too, despite all my great intentions of having a set schedule for the summer- we have not had any kind of schedule. Kit has missed her naps more days than not, which I'm sure her teachers will appreciate!
I am totally loving this weather too, how awesome is it that in July we are in the mid 80's?!?!?

2 comments:

Lindsey Oliver said...

Congrats, Erin and gang, on the first year in Lula! You're doing an awesome job with those kiddos. You're my hero!

The Potter Family said...

It's great that you are doing so well. I hope it stays that way

Blog Archive